Did you know:
- Neutron stars can spin at a rate of 600 rotations per second?
- All of space is completely silent?
- There is an uncountable number of stars in the known universe?
- The Apollo astronauts’ footprints on the moon will probably stay there for at least 100 million years?
- 99% of our solar system’s mass is the sun?
- More energy from the sun hits Earth every hour than the planet uses in a year?
- If two pieces of the same type of metal touch in space, they will bond and be permanently stuck together?
- The largest asteroid ever recorded is a mammoth piece of space rock named Ceres?
Check out the full facts on Mashable!